Disability Resource Group
A Guide for Achieving Reasonable Accommodations:
1. Determine if the applicant / employee is a qualified individual with a disability.
2. Is the employer covered by the ADA?
3. What accommodations are needed?
4. Evaluate these accommodations based on undue hardship, fundamental alteration of the program, and direct threat.
5. Determine where to get and how to pay for accommodations.
6. Write a letter requesting the accommodations to supervisor and HR person.
7. Assist your doctor in getting the right wording for the documentation.
8. Ask for a time for negotiation with key people.
9. Develop a Time Line of who does what.
10. Show Your Appreciation!
11. Remedies…Attorney, Advocate, Mediation, and EEOC.